Billy Donovan signs extension worth $3.7M per year

They should give that guy a lifetime contract

It's a disgrace that he makes less than Calapari, if you're going by results only and not emphasis placed on success of both programs. He's 3 for 3 in reaching the championship game when in the Final 4 and 2 for 3 in winning the championship game. Cal's only brought it home 1 out of 4 times with 2 times being off the record for one reason or another.

CBD does it the right way too. I hate seeing UF hoist the trophy but the man is a class act through and through.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a disgrace that he makes less than Calapari, if you're going by results only and not emphasis placed on success of both programs. He's 3 for 3 in reaching the championship game when in the Final 4 and 2 for 3 in winning the championship game. Cal's only brought it home 1 out of 4 times with 2 times being off the record for one reason or another.

CBD does it the right way too. I hate seeing UF hoist the trophy but the man is a class act through and through.

UF is paying Billy more than UK pays Cal I do believe. (In base salary anyway) The bulk of Calipari's pay is from media endoresments and contracts, not available to billy in the football first state of Florida.

One of the best coaches in college bball. He deserves it.

UF is paying Billy more than UK pays Cal I do believe. (In base salary anyway) The bulk of Calipari's pay is from media endoresments and contracts, not available to billy in the football first state of Florida.

Got ya. I just knew that Cal's salary was upwards of $5mil, but didn't/don't know the breakdown.

I wonder if he will ever move up to the pros. I bet he could do very well at that level.

I wonder if he will ever move up to the pros. I bet he could do very well at that level.

I'm sure most teams would be weary about his commitment though after that stunt he pulled with Orlando. They'd have to include an insane buyout clause in his contract if he ever does go to an NBA team.

What a waste. Hardly anyone cares about basketball there.

Don't think that's the case at all. Sure, the football program is king there (like every other SEC school not named Kentucky), but I think they pour a lot of resources into the program.

VN Store

Back