Where Does Greg Marshall End Up

DocVol

Would've loved to have him 3 years ago. He stayed out after last year's run. You've got to think he makes a jump now after this season. He's too good to stay at WSU.

I would not doubt that he stays where he is at. He is making good money, has a fertile area to recruit from nearby, and little pressure.

UT would be a nice landing spot

(I'm behind Counzo, but he'd be an upgrade)

Kentucky will fire Calipari and hire Marshall

Would be our worst nightmare. Cal's coaching ability or lack thereof is the only thing that gives us a chance vs UK. We'll rarely, if ever, match them talent-wise as long as he's there so we have to hope he screws something up in the coaching dept. If Marshall could get talent equal to us, we'd rarely have a chance.

Has anyone been to Wichita St? I've never actually been to Campus, but when I was there it felt like a small/big town. Heard it had a huge big time Air Force Base...

Maybe he'd go to a place like Texas A&M if they fired Billy Kennedy?

Wichita State's top assistant, the man in waiting if you will, just took the Bowling Green job. With that happening, I don't think Gregg goes anywhere as I don't think he'd leave if he thought Gregg was even thinking about leaving.

He turned down big money from NC State and South Carolina and he's from that area. He was approached by UCLA last year and didn't entertain talks as WSU was still playing.

As a Missouri State fan, I can't stand him but if he ended up at UK, I'd be ok with that.

Wichita State's top assistant, the man in waiting if you will, just took the Bowling Green job. With that happening, I don't think Gregg goes anywhere as I don't think he'd leave if he thought Gregg was even thinking about leaving.

He turned down big money from NC State and South Carolina and he's from that area. He was approached by UCLA last year and didn't entertain talks as WSU was still playing.

As a Missouri State fan, I can't stand him but if he ended up at UK, I'd be ok with that.

I can't for the life of me understand why Missouri State can't compete in any sport. I got a masters degree there and pull for the bears...but it's been since Alford since they were relevant. I don't follow like I used to but do bears fans care that football and basketball is so down for so long? Just curious if you had a read on it?

BTW I don't think Marshall leaves because there is no one going to stop him in the MVC.

I can't for the life of me understand why Missouri State can't compete in any sport. I got a masters degree there and pull for the bears...but it's been since Alford since they were relevant. I don't follow like I used to but do bears fans care that football and basketball is so down for so long? Just curious if you had a read on it?

BTW I don't think Marshall leaves because there is no one going to stop him in the MVC.

Saying we can't compete is a little harsh. We won the All MVC Sports trophy 3 years ago.

But yes, football is a thorn in the side right now. Basketball has been up and down and we've gotten screwed a couple of times by the selection committee since Alford left. Lady Bears basketball has been on a downswing since Jackie Stiles was here but we hired a former Lady Vol last year who I think will get us back to the promise land. Baseball made the Dance two years ago but has a coach past due but he's a legend so no one is going to force him out.

When it comes down to it, Wichita State has the money but we are getting there. For the first time in a long time we have a President who very pro sports

All I know about Wichita is, train don't run out a Wichita, lessin' ur a hog or cattle. People train runs out a Stubbville.

Probably one of my favorite movie scenes ever.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbgOACJpZg0[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back