Former Mr. Football Tennessee/Navy player passed away

Glad he's in stable condition.

I hope he can still be commissioned and this doesn't somehow lead him to being declared physically disqualified from service.

He is still in a coma in critical condition last that I saw this morning.

Just saw on the CNN website that he is still in a coma. I hope he recovers but depending on how bad it is he may be looking at a medical discharge.

My kids went to Grace. My son played football for coach McKamey. It's just sad.

Parents losing a child is a life altering devastation. Religion can't replace a child. Learning to cope with the loss is the goal. Most marriages fail after losing a child. Let's hope the McKameys have more support than necessary. Terrible news.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I got the Knox News Sentinal text that he passed last night. Praying for the family. Didn't know him personally but I had friends that were close to him. From what I understand he was about as good as it gets. Truly sad.

I really am sad for the family, and I can not imagine the sadness they are experiencing. However, I am thankful for the Blessed Hope that all born again Christians have in knowing that one day we will see our loved ones again in Heaven because Jesus died for our sins! This life will soon be passed for all of us, but Eternity lasts forever and ever! The family is in my prayers.
God Bless the McKamey family!

Reactions: 13 people
Parents losing a child is a life altering devastation. Religion can't replace a child. Learning to cope with the loss is the goal. Most marriages fail after losing a child. Let's hope the McKameys have more support than necessary. Terrible news.

You're right. Religion can't replace anything, and that is a very broad term. You can be religious about anything you want to. On the flip side, God will help you to cope with a loss if you have accepted Him into your heart and ask for His help. The McKamey's no doubt have a tough road ahead, especially next HS football season when they step out on that field. They will have an awesome support group around them.

I'm not trying to get this moved to the politics forum, but I felt like I needed to respond to what you said.

Reactions: 9 people
I heard about this on the news this morning in Chattanooga. Sad, sad story, indeed. I pray that his family finds some peace with this.

You're right. Religion can't replace anything, and that is a very broad term. You can be religious about anything you want to. On the flip side, God will help you to cope with a loss if you have accepted Him into your heart and ask for His help. The McKamey's no doubt have a tough road ahead, especially next HS football season when they step out on that field. They will have an awesome support group around them.

I'm not trying to get this moved to the politics forum, but I felt like I needed to respond to what you said.

Amen!

Reactions: 2 people
I feel horrible for them. May God bless them and comfort them.

Heartbreaking. Prayers lifted for the healing that only the Lord can provide for all concerned.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't see the thread in the Around the NCAA forum until I had already started this one, my apologies for the duplication.

They said he didn't take an irregular or vicious hit.

I can't imagine how his parents feel. Especially since this is the second time this happened. I know the docs cleared him to play, and he was fit enough for the USNA

Just tragic

mods, can we get a merge w the thread in the high school sports forum with an updated title? :hi:

VN Store

Back