NCAA March Madness 3rd Round: Sunday

govols120

15-0
Thankfully now at the point where I have ripped up my bracket and can root for who I want to.

12:15 PM ET, CBS: (10) Stanford vs. (2) Kansas
2:45 PM ET, CBS: (8) Kentucky vs. (1) Wichita State
5:15 PM ET, CBS: (6) North Carolina vs. (3) Iowa State
6:10 PM ET, TNT: (14) Mercer vs. (11) Tennessee
7:10 PM ET, TBS: (12) Stephen F. Austin vs. (4) UCLA
7:40 PM ET, TruTV: (6) Baylor vs. (3) Creighton
8:40 PM ET, TNT: (8) Memphis vs. (1) Virginia
9:40 PM ET, TBS: (8) Gonzaga vs. (1) Arizona

Reactions: 1 person
I can see Memphis over UVA simply because of how poor a 1 seed UVA is. Stephen F. Austin over UCLA wouldn't surprise me either.

Early indications look like Stanford-KU will be sloppy and lower-scoring than anticipated, which plays into Stanford's favor pretty well

Anybody can beat anybody, but I don't think Kentucky beats Wichita State

Anybody can beat anybody but I don't think Kentucky beats Wichita State

I think people are underestimating how well-coached and efficient Wichita is. Legitimately one of the five best teams I watched this year, mediocre schedule or not.

I think people are underestimating how well-coached and efficient Wichita is. Legitimately one of the five best teams I watched this year, mediocre schedule or not.

I agree 100%. I am in no way underestimating how good WSU is. I saw first hand last year in the Final Four that they are, in fact, for real. They just have to play under such pressure being 35-0. Last year they were the underdog, but now they are supposed to win, and it is easier said then done.

Last edited:
I honestly think there's more pressure on Kentucky. Started as a pretty unanimous champion pick, has underwhelmed heavily, is now trying to salvage their season with a tournament run against really good teams, which they haven't done a good job of beating.

Thanks for the tv schedule. Guess I will be a TNT viewer for a few hours tonight.

By the way, what is it with Stanford and endless pairs of twins? The Collins, the Lopezs, and now the Allens.

It's not even that Stanford is playing that well. Kansas is shooting horrendously. Conner Frankamp is the only player for KU to hit a three in this tournament so far, and he entered the tourney as a 27% 3PT shooter.

Also, suicide watch.

Last edited:
It's not even that Stanford is playing that well. Kansas is shooting horrendously. Conner Frankamp is the only player for KU to hit a three in this tournament so far, and he entered the tourney as a 27% 3PT shooter.
Is he an heir to the Beenie Weenie fortune?

Stanford can't handle the press lulz.....2 straight TOs

I don't think it's going to be Kansas's day. Three straight Cardinal TOs and Stanford outscores them during that time.

VN Store

Back