So does UK lose to Kansas State in the 1st round?

Dave1967

I think UK is ripe to be upset and I think I smell an upset. KSU is good I think they hang around until the Elite 8.

I'm not sure a nine over an eight is really much of an upset. The committee put UK in as the #29 overall seed, and KSU was #33.

I could see UK losing to KSU, but I don't think either gets past Wichita State. So it really doesn't matter.

I'm not sure a nine over an eight is really much of an upset. The committee put UK in as the #29 overall seed, and KSU was #33.

I could see UK losing to KSU, but I don't think either gets past Wichita State. So it really doesn't matter.

I don't think the Shockers make it past the Sweet 16. They're just another hot mid-major type team that makes it to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 every now and then.

I can see K-State knocking off UK in the first round no problems!

As for Wichita, they are for real but got a BRUTAL bracket!

Reactions: 2 people
I may be in the minority, but I don't think Wichita State is "for real" at all. They didn't play anyone all season, and haven't had to play a tight game all season. There is no way of really knowing how they would perform against an even level team in a back and forth dogfight game.

I could see UK taking them.

Reactions: 3 people
Who the hell knows. We are feast or famine. Beat Louisville, then turn around and lose to Memphis auto diesel academy.

Dickie V picked UK TO beat Wichita, so we're likely screwed.

He's such a Coach K suckup that one eyed Dickie probably picked Duke to go to the Final Four.

Reactions: 1 person
I am amazed at how many people have made their predictions about the tournament, whatever they may be, like there isn't even a bit of doubt about it.

Anything can happen and beyond that.....

Any time a single digit seed wins, it should not be a total surprise.

I think UK is ripe to be upset and I think I smell an upset. KSU is good I think they hang around until the Elite 8.

No KY will not lose in the 1st round. KY is so good they get a first round bye along with 59 other teams... :p

Reactions: 2 people
UK could go either way.

I could see this team having a run to the Final Four. But just as easily we could lose in the first round to KSU.

I have UK losing 2nd round to Wichita.

How many in here have actually seen k-state play?

I have UK losing to Louisville in the Sweet 16

I've watched both this year. K-State is a horrendous offensive team (they rank no higher than 178th in any major offensive category, save for 58th in offensive rebounding), but they're pretty solid defensively. I'd still take Kentucky, but I'm anticipating this being a really ugly game.

Also, everyone is looking at the wrong bracket for a 1 seed upset. I can see Memphis over Virginia much more than I can see either of these schools over Wichita.

Last edited:
How many in here have actually seen k-state play?

I have UK losing to Louisville in the Sweet 16

A few times. Same as what the poster above me said. They suck offensively. Probably going to be a low scoring game with rebounding/turnovers being really key for both teams. Unless UK gets hot from outside early we're in for a tough slow game.

VN Store

Back