Sound familiar Pearl fans?

secking

Geiger later admitted the team hopes to reunite with Pearl, but has had trouble arranging official negotiations with the out-of-work coach.

“I actually visited his house in Knoxville last week,” Geiger said. “His teenage daughter Leah answered the door and she wasn’t very helpful. Said she wasn’t sure where he was."

But University Chancellor Michael Lovell remains optimistic about Coach Pearl, and the basketball program. Lovell believes that so long as they can convince Pearl to “come home to Milwaukee,” the Panthers future is bright.

"Give [Pearl] plenty of money, and license to break every rule he needs to, in order to return us to the Sweet Sixteen," Lovell said. "Then we give local Miller Brewing Company a call, build a world-class, $100 million Miller Arena on campus. Next stop, Big Ten [Conference]."

Isn't this the stance by most? Sad part is, this guy CAN win without cheating. Sounds as if TN isn't the only one with Pearl blues though. Milwaukee has fallen off the face of the earth after Pearl. The worst part of the ending of this story is I actually believe he will end up in the state of Alabama either at UA or AU... :sick:

They will at least take a swing at him.

Panthers Slinking Home

Auburn is gunning hard and has money to blow. Jacobs would probably hand him the keys to the program.

I know it is, sounds the same as vol fans today, right? Proves we can dance without Pearl? They didn't think they could.

We're in a play in game just to be one of the 64 bracket teams with a lineup that includes two 2nd round NBA picks plus two seniors and a junior.

You call this dancing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
We're in a play in game just to be one of the 64 bracket teams with a lineup that includes two 2nd round NBA picks plus two seniors and a junior.

You call this dancing?

Are we in the gym? If so, then yes, I do. Ask 32 teams in the NIT if they would want to switch places.

Auburn is gunning hard and has money to blow. Jacobs would probably hand him the keys to the program.

You know bama is going to throw their hat into that ring as well. Instant winning at all cost and both programs have proven that is their mantra.

Would you guys please stop making threads about the same freakin' thing?

We get it, some of you will barf if he ends up at Auburn. Do you really need to repeat it a thousand times, or did think we forgot?

Reactions: 2 people
You know bama is going to throw their hat into that ring as well. Instant winning at all cost and both programs have proven that is their mantra.

Also you apparently missed the part where no one in Alabama cares about basketball.

Alabama is not firing Grant and if Auburn is the best Pearl can get, I would imagine he stays at ESPN.

Would you guys please stop making threads about the same freakin' thing?

We get it, some of you will barf if he ends up at Auburn. Do you really need to repeat it a thousand times, or did think we forgot?

They don't get it. It's is just the type of people that these so called Vols fans are. They don't have a I.Q. for anything else.

Are we in the gym? If so, then yes, I do. Ask 32 teams in the NIT if they would want to switch places.

I don't think that has anything to do with your original point. If you're happy with what CCM got out of this team this season then your going to love next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think that has anything to do with your original point. If you're happy with what CCM got out of this team this season then your going to love next year.

I'm happy for TN and the players we are dancing, but, I'm on record wanting Wojo as the head coach. I understand he may not stay long term, but short term, he could be the next Pearl w/o the baggage.

Lots of people parrot this arguement. If we're going to question what CCM got out of these players(which is questionable) then let's be fair and question what Pearl got out of Scotty Hopson. You remember Hopson, right? He was the HS McDonald's All-American that was a sure fire one and done player that never reached his potential at UT. And what about the revolving door at PG Pearl had going on? People have selective memories. Yes, we had success with Pearl, but we also had frustration at what he got out of his players(when he could keep them out of trouble, Duke Crews, Ramar Smith, Tyler Smith).

I was all for chasing Gregg Marshall earlier in the season, but that's a pipe dream now. His success this year will command more money than our AD would be willing to pay.

Also you apparently missed the part where no one in Alabama cares about basketball.

If, and I know this is a BIG IF, either Auburn or Alabama started winning at basketball, the other would lose their minds. They could pretty much care less when both are down, but let one of them get up and watch the others go bonkers.

VN Store

Back