Wiggins and KU

therealUT

Rational Thought Allowed?
It just might be the case that Andrew Wiggins finally understands that no one at this level can deal with his athleticism and skill set. The past two games, Wiggins has been incredibly aggressive on offense, and this has resulted in a 41 point performance against WVU and a 30 point performance today against Oklahoma State.

This could be a fluke, however, if Wiggins turns in at least 20 tomorrow against Iowa State, I would lean toward Wiggins finally taking center stage. KU might not beat Iowa State tomorrow (since Self will keep Embiid on the bench until the real tournament begins), but if Wiggins shows up with over 20, then KU as a #2 seed might be looking pretty as a pick to make a run at least to the Final Four.

He almost picked UK. There's gotta be a little regret picking Kansas.

In hindsight, I'm glad he went with KU.

Yes, he's an extremely talented player, but I don't know that he would have made UK any better (even if he replaced someone like Randle).

Hopefully has a good nba career. I like the kid a lot.

I agree with Paul George. Dude is an unreal athlete with that kind of length, he could be an immediate impact player on the defensive end.

Reactions: 1 person
He reminded me of a more athletic Ben McLemore.

Better defender. Much worse shooter. Worse handles.

If Wiggins develops his shot and his handles, he will be great. If not, he'll still be a solid NBA starter with a long career.

Better defender. Much worse shooter. Worse handles.

If Wiggins develops his shot and his handles, he will be great. If not, he'll still be a solid NBA starter with a long career.

With Selden coming back, how good do you feel about next year?

With Selden coming back, how good do you feel about next year?

It all still rides on point guard play and we haven't had a point guard for years. I thought Tharpe had turned the corner. Obviously not.

That said, if Mason, Frankampf, Selden, Alexander, and Embiid are the starting five, I feel good.

It all still rides on point guard play and we haven't had a point guard for years. I thought Tharpe had turned the corner. Obviously not.

That said, if Mason, Frankampf, Selden, Alexander, and Embiid are the starting five, I feel good.

No Oubre?

No Oubre?

I imagine that after this season, Self is going to want to go with both a more experienced lineup and a lineup that features a legitimate three-point threat. Oubre lacks experience, and Frankamp might be the best pure shooter KU has had in over two decades. I see Oubre likely spelling Selden; and, even if Embiid does declare, I doubt we see Oubre in the starting lineup, as I would imagine Self would still go big (loves the high-low game) with Jamari Traylor and Alexander.

Honestly, the biggest question I have regarding the 14-15 squad is can you promise Lucas and Green enough minutes to keep them at KU and can you keep Tharpe from destroying the team if, as a senior, he is taken out of the starting rotation.

I imagine that after this season, Self is going to want to go with both a more experienced lineup and a lineup that features a legitimate three-point threat. Oubre lacks experience, and Frankamp might be the best pure shooter KU has had in over two decades. I see Oubre likely spelling Selden; and, even if Embiid does declare, I doubt we see Oubre in the starting lineup, as I would imagine Self would still go big (loves the high-low game) with Jamari Traylor and Alexander.

Honestly, the biggest question I have regarding the 14-15 squad is can you promise Lucas and Green enough minutes to keep them at KU and can you keep Tharpe from destroying the team if, as a senior, he is taken out of the starting rotation.

Traylor over Ellis too? Interesting. I was expecting Ellis alongside Alexander; isn't he your leading returning scorer?

VN Store

Back