Nick Saban speaks about the 10 second proposal

That interview makes it very clear he's scared of the hurry-up offense.

Reactions: 4 people
Well he actually admitted the real reason. That its too hard to prepare for, doesn't let his team get ready and set, and that it wears his players down.
If this rule passes they should just come out and admit that they are all for nick saban winning and will change any rules that are needed to make sure his teams stay on top and continue winning.

Reactions: 6 people
A summary would be nice.

Such as:

“I really don’t necessarily have an opinion on the 10-second rule. I think there are three issues that need to be researched relative to pace of play, the first being player safety…I think it’s wear and tear and tougher to prepare players when you have to play against a hurry-up offense because of the way you have to practice…The second thing is, can officials officiate the game? They’re not in position when the ball is snapped, just like defensive players aren’t in position when the ball is snapped, so that’s a game administration issue that people should probably look into. And the third thing, to me, and the last thing, which is not the most important, I think the first is most important, is there any competitive imbalance created by the pace of play.”

Reactions: 3 people
So recruiting the number one class every year doesn't create a competitive advantage? I think we should Institute the draft to even things out.

So having lighter quicker players on the field creates a competitive advantage? I think we should have minimum weight requirements for each position to make it a more level playing field.

Oh, its hard on me boys to have to practice and prepare for a faster paced team. Maybe we should eliminate practice all together for ole Nick.

I've not witnessed a problem. The official stands over the ball and waits till everyone, including officials are set before allowing the snap.

Nicky is just a whiner cause Auburn beat them and he has nothing for the faster paced teams.

Reactions: 1 person
He is on a two game losing streak to teams who play hurry up. One being Auburn who is going to be his *ss next year if he doesn't get the rules changed.

I cant get past the player safety excuse. Why isnt he lobbying to go back to 11 games or eliminate the SECCG?

Y! SPORTS

Only 25 of 128 coaches surveyed favor the Satan rule. Of those, only 11 from Power 5 conferences. Those said it WAS NOT an injury concern, it was about defensive substitution. Go figure.

Why are there so many chicks on the FOOTBALL Rules Committee? Who's in the kitchen making my sammich?

Reactions: 2 people
I'm guessing there were coaches who were against the forward pass too. Too bad. The game changes. Adapt or be left behind.

Reactions: 1 person
I cant get past the player safety excuse. Why isnt he lobbying to go back to 11 games or eliminate the SECCG?

It's because of the way the NCAA and rule modifications are set up for certain years. Per espn:

The NCAA's playing rules oversight panel will discuss the proposed changes March 6. The only adjustments allowed this year -- not designated as a rules-change year -- are those that involve player safety or modify a previous rule change such as targeting.

It's because of the way the NCAA and rule modifications are set up for certain years. Per espn:

That is the only reason the player safety is brought up in this. So they can try to sneak this rule change in, in a year when there wouldn't be any rule changes unless they're about player safety.

That is the only reason the player safety is brought up in this. So they can try to sneak this rule change in, in a year when there wouldn't be any rule changes unless they're about player safety.

Yep, it's like saying "do it for the children". Many a bad legislation has been passed this way.

Nothing surprising here. Typical Bama whining. I wonder what Nicky's excuse is going to be when he drops a couple next year.

Reactions: 3 people
Although I also believe some slight changes, actually I suggest no changes be made... the problem I see is the refs are sprinting when hurry up offenses are playing and they walk otherwise. The refs should be constant as to how the spot the ball except in the last few minutes of the half and end of game.

As far as Lil Nicky, his comments are self serving as he recruits the biggest and fastest players, the hurry up is the great neutralizer especially to Nicky who is obviously unable to adjust to these types of offenses. For the most part LSU's D has had great success in recent years against this type of crappy football, why? You get your freaking 330lbs. guys off the field.

With that said, Oregon football is crap, it will always be crap football and I have no respect for them.

As far as Lil Nicky saying it's an injury issue... :eek:lol: No, Lil Nicky it's just causes injuries to your ego.

Although I also believe some slight changes, actually I suggest no changes be made... the problem I see is the refs are sprinting when hurry up offenses are playing and they walk otherwise. The refs should be constant as to how the spot the ball except in the last few minutes of the half and end of game.

As far as Lil Nicky, his comments are self serving as he recruits the biggest and fastest players, the hurry up is the great neutralizer especially to Nicky who is obviously unable to adjust to these types of offenses. For the most part LSU's D has had great success in recent years against this type of crappy football, why? You get your freaking 330lbs. guys off the field.

With that said, Oregon football is crap, it will always be crap football and I have no respect for them.

As far as Lil Nicky saying it's an injury issue... :eek:lol: No, Lil Nicky it's just causes injuries to your ego.
Hugs n stuff to you!

For once, I actually agree with you.

I think the proposed rule change is rather absurd, and doesn't really deal with the issue properly.

When it comes to the HUNH, my only wish is to see the refs officiate the same way across the board. Stop trying to facilitate a faster rate of play. Going quickly leads to shoddy officiating, and we have plenty of that already.

VN Store

Back