UNC basketball

Same as UK's game. If they make free throws they win.

22-48 vs 20-22 for the other team will lose the game almost every time.

We should have gotten him. He was chomping at the bit to come back and coach at his alma mater

Honestly, I watched the entire game and can't remember a single 2 pt basket from Belmont in the 2nd. They had some fouls and free throws, but I can't remember a single 2 pter. They ran Duke's game to perfection. Stand outside all day, use your big man to kick it out, and take the open three. Okafor, or whatever his name is, should enjoy Duke's system. It will definitely make him a top pick.

Gonna be a long year, but Roy lost that game down the stretch... Not switching screens, having JMM as a primary ball handler, and not calling a timeout(as always). Frustrating, tokoto shouldn't be playing a bunch, but has no choice.. Oh well

And for those who don't know, UNC is still without 2 of its top 4 players. May not get them back. Even so, still should have beat Belmont. Roy's tenure is slowly and painfully reaching its end.

And for those who don't know, UNC is still without 2 of its top 4 players. May not get them back. Even so, still should have beat Belmont. Roy's tenure is slowly and painfully reaching its end.
Yup

Gonna be a long year, but Roy lost that game down the stretch... Not switching screens, having JMM as a primary ball handler, and not calling a timeout(as always). Frustrating, tokoto shouldn't be playing a bunch, but has no choice.. Oh well

Yeah, I feel like Roy really should have passed on Tokoto and James. Easy to say, but who else were we going to get? They're both awful though. Like I said in my other post, Roy's days are winding down. I wish he'd hang it up within the next couple years. I love him, but he's done. Like you said, he never calls a TO in a critical situation! It's mind-boggling!

Yeah, I feel like Roy really should have passed on Tokoto and James. Easy to say, but who else were we going to get? They're both awful though. Like I said in my other post, Roy's days are winding down. I wish he'd hang it up within the next couple years. I love him, but he's done. Like you said, he never calls a TO in a critical situation! It's mind-boggling!

There is no excuse for not having a backup plan when they missed out on Wiggins. Guard depth is killing them and Tokoto and James are not high caliber players. Britt either, although he is being forced to start. With PJ/Leslie they are a 3/4 seed, without they are NIT bound.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no excuse for not having a backup plan when they missed out on Wiggins. Guard depth is killing them and Tokoto and James are not high caliber players. Britt either, although he is being forced to start. With PJ/Leslie they are a 3/4 seed, without they are NIT bound.

Fair and accurate post. I'm still spewing at the NCAA though. They had all summer to figure this **** out regarding PJ and Leslie. And they wait to the beginning of the season to say..."You know what, we want to take this into our own hands." What a bunch of *******s! Honestly, since we're not going to be that good this year anyhow, I wish Roy would just play PJ and Leslie. A monumental F-U to the NCAA. See if any other major programs would follow suit. Could be the moment that would lead to the NCAA's undoing, and I believe that moment is coming. Unfortunately, it won't be us or Roy that starts it. We'll keep kissing ass.

I hope PJ and McDonald get to come back. I don't like when UNC is down like this. Basketball is better when they are good.

I see we have some Chicken Littles in here. It was one game. When you go 22-for-48 at the foul line, you deserve to lose. I believe that both McDonald (sooner) and Hairston (later) will be back this season which will make a ton of difference. I like Brice Johnson's play here in the early going, so the sooner he and Meeks can start earning and getting the bulk of the post play, UNC will be better off. Hubert should only be on the court when the Blue Team gets some PT and James is still a work in progress and may never be better than a serviceable backup.

I see we have some Chicken Littles in here. It was one game. When you go 22-for-48 at the foul line, you deserve to lose. I believe that both McDonald (sooner) and Hairston (later) will be back this season which will make a ton of difference. I like Brice Johnson's play here in the early going, so the sooner he and Meeks can start earning and getting the bulk of the post play, UNC will be better off. Hubert should only be on the court when the Blue Team gets some PT and James is still a work in progress and may never be better than a serviceable backup.

So, in other words, as soon as PJ and Leslie get back, we'll be okay. Sheer brilliance! Try to tell me again why UNC should ever lose to a mid-major (hell, I'm not even sure Belmont qualifies for that) at home. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!

I hope PJ and McDonald get to come back. I don't like when UNC is down like this. Basketball is better when they are good.

Screw that...whenever Roy Williams gets kicked in the face by schools like Belmont, college basketball is better.

For me at least. :)

Nothing makes me happier than watching the Tarholes lose. Well, maybe Duke and Kentucky losing followed by North Carolina.

So, in other words, as soon as PJ and Leslie get back, we'll be okay. Sheer brilliance! Try to tell me again why UNC should ever lose to a mid-major (hell, I'm not even sure Belmont qualifies for that) at home. I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!

They left 26 (27 when you add in the lane violation) points off the board in a game they lost by 3. Simply increasing their FT% to 67% for the game and they win by 7. It happens.

I am obviously a Huge Duke fan. However, I really feel for the Carolina fans for having to endure Roy as their coach. I know he has won a great deal and even a NC, But has there ever been a coach that has achieved so little with so much? He did it at Kansas and now he's doing it at Carolina. I love his antics and personality but I really look forward to the day when Tarheel basketball is consistently good again.

VN Store

Back