Howard's Rock Vandalized

Reblogged this on Strong-Fit-Beautiful and commented:
To the person who did this: you are a sick, sad, terrible person. Don’t think that this will go unpunished … why would you destroy one of the most iconic symbols/traditions in the history of college football? Clemson fans are nothing if not some of the kindest, most loyal people you’ll ever come across. So I guess thanks for giving us another reason to have an amazing season come fall. GO TIGERS!

Howard's rock is one of the most iconic symbols in the history of college football?

Reactions: 5 people
I understand its not as significant as jorts, but its up there

And mullets...don't forget about mullets...because no one in the state of Tennessee would ever wear jorts or a mullet.

It's all sport coats, ascots and wingtips in the Volunteer State. :eek:lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Howard's rock is one of the most iconic symbols in the history of college football?

That's what I was thinking. I honestly had never heard of it until I played a game of NCAA when they started doing custom intros for schools. Sucks for Clemson, but I personally couldn't care less.

Clemson's Running Down the Hill is significantly better than Tennessee's Running Through the T.

This tweet sickened me:

@ClemsonTim: I was mad about the rock, then I realized it resembled Kenny Mckinnley's blown off head.

He has since deleted both the tweet and his account.

Easy there cowboy. Although I respect your Mariners fandom, I cannot let this unchecked aggression stand.

Running Through the T is great, and without a doubt one of college football's best pregame traditions.

That being said, the vast majority of people who have seen both and lack a preference to one school or the other would rank Clemson's Running Down the Hill higher.

Running Through the T is great, and without a doubt one of college football's best pregame traditions.

That being said, the vast majority of people who have seen both and lack a preference to one school or the other would rank Clemson's Running Down the Hill higher.

Who is this vast majority? And what study or poll are you basing this on? Just asking for some proof before you throw out blanket statements like that. (Just in case you forgot, this is a UT message board, I don't think you're going to get a lot of agreement on this particular issue. In fact, I would say the vast majority would disagree with you.)

Reactions: 7 people
Who is this vast majority? And what study or poll are you basing this on? Just asking for some proof before you throw out blanket statements like that. (Just in case you forgot, this is a UT message board, I don't think you're going to get a lot of agreement on this particular issue. In fact, I would say the vast majority would disagree with you.)

Y! SPORTS

Rivals.com College Football - Top 10 pregame traditions in college football

College Football Traditions - ESPN

It's not called the Most Exciting 25 seconds in College Football for nothing.

Clemson's Running Down the Hill is significantly better than Tennessee's Running Through the T.

Damn man, you really can't help it can you?

Edit: According to ESPN article Clemson is as special Iowa and Utah.

I'm not saying Howard's Rock isn't very special but why put UT down and say it's significantly better?

Last edited:

Coming from the guy with the Clemson logo right under his name...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back