'14 GA DB Wesley Green

#115 in Rivals 250 - 4*

Rivals shows Tennessee as leader, but we know how accurate those can be.

From AU Rivals, Comments from Auburn Junior Day -

"Today went well, I enjoyed myself and talking to Coach (Rodney) Garner and Coach 'Cheese' (Charlie Harbison). We got to know each other more and I like the way they made me feel welcome. Last year, my visit wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that good. This year, I felt like I was comfortable and it felt good. I had some relationships built with most of them, (Garner), (Harbison) and (Smith), now with them together it's easier to talk to them.

"I have a firm offer from Auburn, they seem very interested, and that made me more interested as well. Coach Smith, I like him a lot. He coached a two-star cornerback and he won the Jim Thorpe Award last year. That blew my mind. With my talents, I could be one of the best to come out from my class and he could tweak that and allow me to put up good numbers.

"I may make my decision during my senior year, but maybe before. I don't know about camps, but me and my dad will sit down with and go over schools I'm interested and make those decisions. Auburn stands high on my list, they make me feel like they are really interested. Auburn is a great place, probably top five. My top group is Alabama, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Tennessee."

Reactions: 1 person
“I have a pretty big list,” he adds. “My top group is Alabama, Clemson, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Tennessee in addition to Auburn. I think I might start narrowing them down sometime during the summer. I’m going to sit down with my brother and my dad and go through the list. We’ll go from there.”

-Scout

"Clemson, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee and North Carolina," Green told Tigerillustrated.com Friday night. "Clemson is still the leader."
What's up next?

"I'm hoping to get to Tennessee and South Carolina," Green said. "I was thinking about making my decision this summer before my senior season, but now I'm not sure."

As a junior, Green had two interceptions, 12 pass breakups and 24 tackles including 15 solos. As a sophomore, he totaled six interceptions, five forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery for a touchdown.
-Rivals.com.

Trust me...I'm more than happy with our class so far. It was intended to be a lighthearted comment.

KV,
Lots of sarcasm meters are out of alignment after 5+ yrs of beatings... Kindly add :) :hi:
Joke or sarcasm after such comments :)
Thanks.

“I don’t really have a top five,” he said. “But if I could think of one, I would say Clemson, UGA, Florida, Auburn and Tennessee.”

“I may visit, not next week, but the week after next,” Green said.

“I have a couple people who tell me about (Tennessee), like (Top247 prospects) Bryson (Allen-Williams), Nick Glass, Demarre Kitt. There’s a couple who’ve told me about them. They tell me it’s really good, that their new facility is really nice.”

“(Martinez) just wants me to go take a visit up there to meet the coaches, check out the facilities. He wanted me to go to a practice as well to see how he ran his defense,” said Green, who claims 25 scholarship offers to date, including one from the Vols.

“(Martinez has said) that he wants me to play. He wants me to get on that field right away. He wants me to be one of their starting guys coming out of high school.”

“My senior year, I’m going to start narrowing down my offers on where I want to go and where I can play, education-wise,” Green said. “I may commit my senior year.”

Our staff is awesome so far. Still going after top recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
Wesley Green - He's been talking to Willie Martinez and there's a chance he comes up for the O&W game. He's intrigued by playing early. He's intrigued by the class they're putting together.

-Fortenberry

"Coach (Willie) Martinez seems like a really straight forward guy. He told me right off the bat that he wants to coach me at Tennessee. It's a good feeling when a year ago I didn't have any offers.

"I have a lot of interest in Tennessee," Green admitted. "I haven't had a chance to get up there but I"m trying to get there soon. I like the fact that they want me to play. That what's I like about Tennessee. I talk to coach Martinez and that's why I like Tennessee."

"I think what I have shown is that the man to man coverage that I showed at the Under Armour camp back in St. Petersburg and my highlights showed that I'm a good ball skills guy and I have confidence in myself," Green offered.

"Nick Glass, Demarre Kitt, Bryson Allen-Williams, we all talk about Tennessee a lot," Green said. "I think what has got Tennessee back up there is that their talent has dropped a little bit and they are trying to rebuild so we know we can go up there and have a chance to play early."

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
"Coach (Willie) Martinez seems like a really straight forward guy. He told me right off the bat that he wants to coach me at Tennessee. It's a good feeling when a year ago I didn't have any offers.

"I have a lot of interest in Tennessee," Green admitted. "I haven't had a chance to get up there but I"m trying to get there soon. I like the fact that they want me to play. That what's I like about Tennessee. I talk to coach Martinez and that's why I like Tennessee."

"I think what I have shown is that the man to man coverage that I showed at the Under Armour camp back in St. Petersburg and my highlights showed that I'm a good ball skills guy and I have confidence in myself," Green offered.

"Nick Glass, Demarre Kitt, Bryson Allen-Williams, we all talk about Tennessee a lot," Green said. "I think what has got Tennessee back up there is that their talent has dropped a little bit and they are trying to rebuild so we know we can go up there and have a chance to play early."

-VQ

Did he just essentially say our current players suck? Harsh haha

-VQ

The UGA guys are obviously spot on about Nick Glass recruiting behind the scenes.

The best word to describe Green might be this -- smooth. In drills, and in coverage, he at times seemed to be gliding out there. Green has an excellent backpedal, very sound footwork, flips his hips well, and perhaps most impressive can get from 0 to 60 in a flash.

- 247 from ATL NFTC Camp

Wow didn't know we were considered leaders.' I've read a lot of good things about Wesley the last couple days, sounds like a baller and we accept those. We could land the best year of secondary recruiting ever, of anybody.

KB, on the first page he said Auburn gave him a firm offer.
Alabama wasn't in his "if he had a top 5" but things can change in a hurry. But I'm not too worried about Auburn as of now, he seems to connect with Martinez. Actually lots of the guys seem to really like him/ wasn't Cortez who said basically he talks to willy all the time or just how much he respected and liked him. Good hire by CBJ

bump...no link but sounds like he enjoyed his visit based on a couple of tweets out there.

VN Store

Back