3220 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Manziel: The Party Animal Page 3. within the forum Around the NCAA. Originally Posted by utvolpj 15 minutes? You have no clue what being a star football player on a college campus ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Around the NCAA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #31 (permalink)
Give Him Six!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
15 minutes? You have no clue what being a star football player on a college campus means. The heisman just boosts that up a few points
This. The dude is a god on that campus and always will be.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #32 (permalink)
Give Him Six!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXA&M07 View Post

Johnny is neither. Quit trying to dig sh!t up on the kid. He's an extremely typical Texas kid who comes from money.

Has a broken a law or rule since the season started?
Dude, don't get your panties in a wad. No one is digging anything up on the kid. He is just being a college student which everyone in here agrees with. Chillax.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
15 minutes? You have no clue what being a star football player on a college campus means. The heisman just boosts that up a few points
It's an expression Einstien or do you think I meant he was only going to be famous for 15 minutes??
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

Football

Quote:
Let me put this to bed as I did in another forum not too long ago.

Johnny Manziel is the "anti-Tebow". You've all grown accustomed to one or two ways today's student athletes are perceived. The most common is a rule breaking thug, who is boastful on and off the field and eventually gets caught with something illegal. Example "The Honey Badger".

Then there's stereotype #2. Far less prevalent, but certainly worthy enough for the same amount of scrutiny. This is the "Holier than thou" athlete who wears his emotions/religion/virginity on his sleeve. These types of players give motivational speeches that are plaque worthy. They are the kinda guy you want your daughter to marry mostly because you see no real threat from them character wise.

Johnny is neither. Quit trying to dig sh!t up on the kid. He's an extremely typical Texas kid who comes from money.

He'll beat your ass on the football field, then meet you and the boys afterwards at a pasture party to have few cold ones with his parent's consent because they'll be in attendance too. The next morning he'll probably wake up early to go shoot a 12 point, then head out to take his smokin hot arm candy out for a real nice steak dinner.

He's a typical Texas kid that does all the same stuff we all grew up doing, and he just so happens to be good at the game of football.

But folks like TMZ need a headline I suppose, and that's why Eric went to go see him and the folks. He's a target because there are vultures in society. Does he need to tap the brakes on twitter? Maybe. Does he have some folks out there that dislike him? Sure.

Best post i've ever read on this site.....I confess that I'm a Tebow fan and I am a Johnny-Football fan, too! Thanks for the REALITY check! GO VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
VN conasewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Hate_the_BCS View Post
It's an expression Einstien or do you think I meant he was only going to be famous for 15 minutes??
the expression basically means short-lived fame based on little substance. Not applicable when it comes to Manziel
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol4life25 View Post
Why would I write this retarded junk? He is a douche.....end of story. He think's he is a movie star. I can't wait for next year, so the defense can expose him for what he really is, a fraud.
But can he hit a dumpster with a beer bottle?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #37 (permalink)

manziel seems to spend a ton of money for a college kid thats for sure
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BOI 23 View Post
manziel seems to spend a ton of money for a college kid thats for sure
Not every kid on scholarship is from a poor family. I am sure Peyton Manning had plenty of pocket money when he was wondering around the hill.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Ano ba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLouisVol View Post
Assuming that law is in place in Texas, my point was that if Manziel chooses to ignore it, the consequences are his and his alone. Any influence his parents may have over him at this point are by his choice. He is responsible for his actions.
Do what?? He's in America, son. Whatever he does is not his fault.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Wolf of Beale Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Orange View Post
But can he hit a dumpster with a beer bottle?
Manziel and Bray bro'n together would be epic
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 AM   #41 (permalink)
Professional Troll

His main reason for thr Hypesman just declared for the draft, so, let us see Johhny Football without his 2 first round projected tackles does this year....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Vols To The Walls

Quote:
Why would I write this retarded junk? He is a douche.....end of story. He think's he is a movie star. I can't wait for next year, so the defense can expose him for what he really is, a fraud.
yeah our defense will expose him like he exposed bama's

what are you 80 calling him out because he went to a club?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
He is a douche because you are envious of him?
Vols520 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

He's undoubtedly doing it better than Te'o.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #45 (permalink)
Troll Brother #1

Quote:
Let me put this to bed as I did in another forum not too long ago.

Johnny Manziel is the "anti-Tebow". You've all grown accustomed to one or two ways today's student athletes are perceived. The most common is a rule breaking thug, who is boastful on and off the field and eventually gets caught with something illegal. Example "The Honey Badger".

Then there's stereotype #2. Far less prevalent, but certainly worthy enough for the same amount of scrutiny. This is the "Holier than thou" athlete who wears his emotions/religion/virginity on his sleeve. These types of players give motivational speeches that are plaque worthy. They are the kinda guy you want your daughter to marry mostly because you see no real threat from them character wise.

He'll beat your ass on the football field, then meet you and the boys afterwards at a pasture party to have few cold ones with his parent's consent because they'll be in attendance too. The next morning he'll probably wake up early to go shoot a 12 point, then head out to take his smokin hot arm candy out for a real nice steak dinner.

He's a typical Texas kid that does all the same stuff we all grew up doing, and he just so happens to be good at the game of football.

But folks like TMZ need a headline I suppose, and that's why Eric went to go see him and the folks. He's a target because there are vultures in society. Does he need to tap the brakes on twitter? Maybe. Does he have some folks out there that dislike him? Sure.

+1
Reply With Quote TOP