1127 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Patrick Willis. within the forum Around the NCAA. This is why recruiting the state of Tennessee is important. So guys like PW don't slip through the cracks and ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Around the NCAA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bona Fide VFL

Sec Patrick Willis

This is why recruiting the state of Tennessee is important. So guys like PW don't slip through the cracks and end up at Ole Miss , Memphis, Vandy, Bama or wherever.
From what I'm hearing about CBJ, I like where we're headed with in-state recruiting.

Watch this video and tell me it doesn't give you chills!

Duracell Batteries: Trust Your Power - NFL's Patrick Willis - YouTube

From Wiki:
Born in Bruceton, Tennessee, Willis grew up in abject poverty and had to take care of his younger siblings. By the age of 10, he worked full-time on cotton fields. He left his home, a double-wide in a trailer park just outside of Bruceton, with his two brothers and sister as a 17-year old, when his alcoholic father turned increasingly violent.[5] The siblings moved in with Willis' high school basketball coach.
Willis attended Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central High School,[6] where he was a two-time All-State selection, Regional Most Valuable Player, and West Tennessee Player of the Year. He earned 4 letters in football and basketball, and 3 in baseball. He was also the first person in Tennessee state history to be nominated for both the Mr. Football Award for a Lineman (as a linebacker) and the Mr. Football Award for a Back (as a tailback) in the same season.
Regarded as a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Willis was listed as the No. 60 linebacker prospect in the class of 2003.[7] He chose Ole Miss over Memphis.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I watched him play a few times in high school. At the time I could not believe we didn't get in on him. Same situation with Corey Moore at Haywood that went to VT. We missed on some good ones. Hopefully Butch will keep this problem at a minimum.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

My hometown yeah baby.....go Patrick
Reply With Quote TOP