Wide Receiver
Clairton, Pennsylvania
Clairton
Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 168 lbs
Class: 2013 (High School)

Tyler Boyd - Yahoo! Sports

Offered today per ESPN.

A newcomer to Boyd's recruitment is Tennessee. New Volunteers coach Butch Jones offered Boyd while at Cincinnati, and a member of the Vols' staff called Boyd on Saturday.

I think 247 says Pitt is the current leader. Not sure of who is in his final cut if he has one. I think he recently cancelled a visit to WVU.

I think 247 says Pitt is the current leader. Not sure of who is in his final cut if he has one. I think he recently cancelled a visit to WVU.

I'd imagine Penn State would be up there as well. But given all that's happened there maybe not.

I'd imagine Penn State would be up there as well. But given all that's happened there maybe not.

247 doesn't even show a Cincy offer, so i don't know how updated his profile is. He seems like he's pretty wide open right now, no clear cut team/teams to beat.

I live in Pittsburgh and have seen him play many times. I know the coaching staff there. He is most likely Pitt bound. He cancelled an official today at WVU to got to the Pitt basketball game. He was an MVP at the rivals five star camp in Atlanta. He is skinny but very tough. He plays mostly running back for his team that has won 62 games in a row. The longest streak in the country and longest ever in PA. He broke the WPIAL all time touchdown record. He has the best hands you will ever see. Dynamic playmaker. It looks like Pitt. He has a couple teamates headed to Pitt.

Reactions: 2 people
Very impressive film. I'm surprised he is not listed as an athlete because he plays all over the field. Despite his weight, he seems to play pretty physical as well.

He has informed all colleges recruiting him he wants to play WR. He is a tremendous safety also.

Yea. That's struggling. But, measurables on those sites are rarely accurate.

I'm 5'10, 167 and am not quite up to D1 standards, at the moment. I would venture to think he is somewhat more athletic than I am currently though. :angel:

I'm 5'10, 167 and am not quite up to D1 standards, at the moment. I would venture to think he is somewhat more athletic than I am currently though. :angel:

I remember when I was 5'11", 167 and nothing but muscle. Now I'm 5'11", 185 and... well...

Anyway, kid looks good! Glad to see CBJ is hitting the ground running and going after talented guys. volterp's comment about him being a tremendous safety is interesting. Sounds like he's set on going somewhere that gives him the first look at receiver though.

Clairton doesn't lose. Ever. Yeah, they're only A, but they've had some very talented teams over the last half decade.

Clairton doesn't lose. Ever. Yeah, they're only A, but they've had some very talented teams over the last half decade.

I am sure those 1A schools are like the ones in NC, where Shuler, Pickens, and many others came from. They are 1A because of enrollment but make for some very tough football. I am not comparing WNC to WPA in football but you get the idea.

Everything out there is he will end up at Pitt. The only concern is if Chyrst leaves for a better job.

VN Store

Back