Brilliant move by strong, self representing

UTVOLKeith

punished good deeds
Charlie Strong will show why it is stupid to have an agent represent anyone.

I give major props to Strong for exposing that farce of a profession!

The man believes in himself and the kids also believe in him we could really use a coach like him

I hope Charlie Strong gets a huge raise and has a long and successful career at Louisville.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah. Neat stuff. Now if he would only tell L'Ville bye bye :)

Now if only he'd stay at Louisville.

His 10 wins were about the least impressive I've ever seen.

Louisville was down 17-6 to 0-12 Southern Miss and needed to go on a 16-0 to finally take the lead 21-17 with 5 and a half minutes left in the game.

Knowing that, I'd rather have the guy that was the difference between 12 wins and 12 losses in the span of a single offseason. It's better than the guy that's in his 3rd season who almost loses to said 0-12 team.

Why these are our best options, I don't know, but I do know that if we're aiming low, I'd rather have Fedora over Strong. I'm more impressed by him being 8-4 in his first season at North Carolina and going 12-2 with a team that just went 0-12 without him.

Now if only he'd stay at Louisville.

His 10 wins were about the least impressive I've ever seen.

Louisville was down 17-6 to 0-12 Southern Miss and needed to go on a 16-0 to finally take the lead 21-17 with 5 and a half minutes left in the game.

Knowing that, I'd rather have the guy that was the difference between 12 wins and 12 losses in the span of a single offseason. It's better than the guy that's in his 3rd season who almost loses to said 0-12 team.

Why these are our best options, I don't know, but I do know that if we're aiming low, I'd rather have Fedora over Strong. I'm more impressed by him being 8-4 in his first season at North Carolina and going 12-2 with a team that just went 0-12 without him.

Strong coached against Fedora twice and beat him twice.

I don't hate the man. I stated that I hope he has a long and successful career at U of L.

I don't hate him either, I'd just hate the hire.

If we end up with him, I'll be pulling for him as much as anyone but as long as he's not, I'm pulling for him not to be hired. Just a personal preference I guess. His 10-2 record looks nice but it's still the Big East and this is what I see when I look at it...

+28 vs. 3-8 Missouri State
+28 vs. 4-7 Temple
+18 vs. 2-10 Kentucky
+10 vs. 6-6 Pittsburgh
+7 vs. 3-9 FIU
+5 vs. 8-4 North Carolina
+4 vs. 0-12 Southern Miss
+3 vs. 9-3 Cincinnati - Overtime(1)
+3 vs. 9-3 Rutgers - Overtime(1)
+2 vs. 3-9 South Florida
-3 vs. 5-7 UConn - Overtime(3)
-19 vs. 7-5 Syracuse

6 wins by one touchdown or less.

He lost to a 5-7 team and got blown out out by a 7-5 team.

His 4 wins by double digits were against teams that were .500 and below.

People can say what they want about Lousiville not being that great of a program but they are a better program than just about everyone they play. I'm just not as impressed by his 10 wins as some. If we end up with though, I'll cheer for him and hope I'm proven wrong.

He beat 3 teams with a winning record...

Last edited:
:dance2: Great News! Strong turns down TN. Good for everyone. Strong gets more money at Louisville... TN gets a better coach! Good Day!

Reactions: 2 people
Strong coached against Fedora twice and beat him twice.

And?

He beat Fedora was in his 2nd season coaching a 7-6 CUSA team and Fedora is in his first season at UNC. Did you see our offense under Clawson in year 1? How about our defense in year 1 under Sal? How about Saban losing to UL Monroe in his first year Bama? Louisville has an obvious advantage over Southern Miss in general and he had the benefit of having his system in place for three years when he faced Fedora this year. UNC's 5 point loss to Louisville was the 4th game under Fedora. And he only beat him by 3 at Southern Miss.

There is more that factored into Strong beating Fedora than simply out-coaching him. If you flip them around in those situations, I think Fedora would have smoked Strong.

Adding to that, just last season Strong beat Murray State 21-9 and Kentucky 24-17. He also lost to FIU 24-17 and Marshall 17-13. Those were his out of conference games, all against awful opponents and he went 2-2.

None of this matters anymore though because it appears Strong will remain at Louisville. The only thing I hate about not getting him is that it's embarrassing he took 1.2 million less a year to stay at freaking Louisville over Tennessee. Other than that, I think it's possible we dodge a bullet, especially given our financial woes. Overpaying him 3.5 million a year would have had insult to injury if he ended up being a dud. Which, I think he would have been.

On to the next coach... hopefully I don't get what I ask for by not getting Strong only to end up with an even worse hire. Not gonna lie... I'm worried. :hmm:

VN Store

Back