558 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Heisman: Page 2. within the forum Around the NCAA. Keep trying trut. You'll hit a nerve here in a sec and I'll just be far too overwhelmed to ignore ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Around the NCAA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Roll the dice....

Keep trying trut. You'll hit a nerve here in a sec and I'll just be far too overwhelmed to ignore it.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Troll Brother #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealUT View Post
Well, Manziel has not consistently performed at an excellent level. Next.
Relative to the other Heisman candidates, he most certainly has.

Next.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Troll Brother #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXA&M07 View Post
Keep trying trut. You'll hit a nerve here in a sec and I'll just be far too overwhelmed to ignore it.
lulz
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rational Thought Allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Wright View Post
Relative to the other Heisman candidates, he most certainly has.

Next.
Not relative to Teo.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
bUTch

Quote:
Do you think that Manziel's abysmal performance against LSU ought to be factored in to his Heisman candidacy?
Nearly every Heisman winner has one bad game. Perhaps that's Manziel's.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
Roll the dice....

Should have added a poll to this. Mods??

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #22 (permalink)
Troll Brother #1

Quote:
Not relative to Teo.
Disagree.

Notre Dame had a better year than Texas A&M, but Teo did not have a more impressive season than Manziel.

The irony of a UT fan promoting a defensive player for the Heisman is interesting to say the least. Woodson at least returned punts.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #23 (permalink)

He should win it just for beating Alabama alone. Imagine how hard that was, some said impossible.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by govols120 View Post
Nearly every Heisman winner has one bad game. Perhaps that's Manziel's.
I would say that nearly every Heisman winner has one lackluster game; I do not know that I would agree that every Heisman winner has one abysmal game where they commit three turnovers through the air and rush for only 1.6 yards per carry.

Manziel had a lackluster game against Florida; I think that is easily eschewed though since it was his first college game (though, I am not sure that a junior, starting in their first game, would get the same type of pass). However, I do not think that the performance against LSU is easily wiped away due to McCarron's bad game against A&M that resulted in a win for Manziel; nor do I think that six touchdown performances against teams like Mizzou wipe the LSU performance away.
"It is vain to object that life and reality are not logical. Life and reality are neither logical nor illogical; they are simply given. But logic is the only tool available to man for the comprehension of both." - LvM
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #25 (permalink)
VNFL

I think Manziel is helped by the well being otherwise pretty dry.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Disagree.

Notre Dame had a better year than Texas A&M, but Teo did not have a more impressive season than Manziel.

The irony of a UT fan promoting a defensive player for the Heisman is interesting to say the least. Woodson at least returned punts.
Teo was excellent game in and game out. Manziels most impressive performance is more impressive than Teo's; Manziels least impressive performance was abysmal. The same cannot be said of Teo.

I have never once argued that Peyton should have won the Heisman over Woodson. I have frequently argued the contrary in this forum.
"It is vain to object that life and reality are not logical. Life and reality are neither logical nor illogical; they are simply given. But logic is the only tool available to man for the comprehension of both." - LvM
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Troll Brother #1

Quote:
Teo was excellent game in and game out. Manziels most impressive performance is more impressive than Teo's; Manziels least impressive performance was abysmal. The same cannot be said of Teo.

I have never once argued that Peyton should have won the Heisman over Woodson. I have frequently argued the contrary in this forum.
At least you're consistent...I thought Peyton got screwed, but understood why. He was a 4th year senior with expectations of perfection, and he fell short.

Manziel is a freshman who's surpassed Tebow and Newton already, and he's got at least two years left.

And at the end of the day you and I both know Teo probably won't win the Heisman. Hell, if your barometer is consistent excellence game in and game out, Jadaveon Clowney deserves the Heisman more than Teo.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Hell, if your barometer is consistent excellence game in and game out, Jadaveon Clowney deserves the Heisman more than Teo.
Pfft... Clowney doesn't go to school at Notre Dame. How can he even be considered?
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Chalupa Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuskALoosa View Post
He should win it just for beating Alabama alone. Imagine how hard that was, some said impossible.
Who said it was impossible?? delusional bama fans that think bama is the 33rd NFL team?? Please
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
And at the end of the day you and I both know Teo probably won't win the Heisman. Hell, if your barometer is consistent excellence game in and game out, Jadaveon Clowney deserves the Heisman more than Teo.
While Clowney is good and more talented than Teo, I do not think he is more excellent or more consistently excellent (he might be equally excellent, in his respective role).

Clowney: 49 tackes, 4.5 tackles per game
Teo: 101 tackles, 8.5 tackles per game

Clowney: 36 solo, 3.3 per game
Teo: 46 solo, 3.8 per game

Clowney: 13 sacks, 1.2 per game
Teo: 1.5 sacks

Clowney: 0 interceptions
Teo: 7 interceptions

Clowney can get to the quarterback; Teo is not a pass rusher. Teo can pick the ball off pretty well for a LB; Clowney does not drop in coverage. Thus, the last two statistics seem to be a wash.

When it comes to tackles, I will admit that Clowney's stats are hurt by the fact that other teams gameplan away from Clowney; and, MLBs usually always have high tackle counts.

Being the lynch pin on one of the best defenses in the country, the strength (the defense not Teo) of the #1 team in the country, certainly helps Teo. It might be unfair that being on a defense that surrendered 44 points to Florida hurts Clowney.

This would bother me if it was clear to me that Clowney is a more excellent, and consistently excellent, player than Teo; but, that is not clear to me. Thus, Teo gets the nod from me for a handful of huge plays that sealed crucial victories for ND (pick against OU, goal line stands against USC and Stanford).
Reply With Quote TOP