Georgia enters the preseason with fewer than 70 players recruited on scholarship.

Richt's roster management skills leave a lot to be desired after being in the same position for all his years. You would think that recruiting 80-90% of his players from in-state and the luxury of seeing them for 3-4 years that he would have a better understanding of the players with "issues".

Talent, experience and the lack of a tough schedule will make it easier to overcome

The East is going to be a mess. Any of UGA/UF/South Carolina could win it, although UGA has the best schedule and UF has the best defense. SoCar's schedule is rough (at LSU and Florida, home games vs. UGA, Arky, and what should be a good UT squad).

They just lost a starting OL due to steroids. They thought his eligibility would be restored this year but I guess not.

UPDATED: Georgia OL Kolton Houston still ineligible due to banned substance | UGA sports blog

I could just as easily see their wheels come off this year as I could them winning the east. They will have some serious depth issues on the back end of their schedule. They are in a very similar situation that Dooley was in when he took over. We played a lot of close first halfs the last couple of years only to get rolled in the second half due to depth issues. It amazes me that people are picking them so high with only 70 Scholarships? That's basically the same as probation.

I love seeing uga picked to win the est. Thats almost a for sure guarantee that they will choke...I really am confident in the UT/UGA game mostly because of their O-Line/RB/DB situation as well as the inconsistencies that Mr. Overrated Aaron Murray has shown at QB (led SEC in picks last year).

If they reinstate him for Steroid use, the NCAA has some apologies to make to Jeremy Jarmon, stud UK DE who was banned his senior season for something that he took from GNC....GNC!!!

They just lost a starting OL due to steroids. They thought his eligibility would be restored this year but I guess not.

UPDATED: Georgia OL Kolton Houston still ineligible due to banned substance | UGA sports blog

I could just as easily see their wheels come off this year as I could them winning the east. They will have some serious depth issues on the back end of their schedule. They are in a very similar situation that Dooley was in when he took over. We played a lot of close first halfs the last couple of years only to get rolled in the second half due to depth issues. It amazes me that people are picking them so high with only 70 Scholarships? That's basically the same as probation.

A few injuries here and there and they'll be hurting by the end of the year. Missing that many scholarships reminds me of us a few years ago, except Georgia has more talent on their roster than we did at the time. They could still be a mash unit by the end of the year.
CPF lite will make sure they fail to meet expectations again. I hope Mark Richt stays at Georgia forever.

Depth is a big concern, we deal with it every year it seems. The schedule helps alot this year. I think we should be fine.

Projected starter at OLB junior Chase Vassar is now suspended the first 2 games for a DUI in May. That's the 4th defensive starter that will have some suspended games, likely the first 2-4. Spurrier was dead on about wanting to play UGA early because he knew they would have a rash of suspensions.

Georgia is a 4 point favorite playing at Missouri in week 2. I don't even see them winning, much less covering the spread.

Last edited:
Projected starter at OLB junior Chase Vassar is now suspended the first 2 games for a DUI in May. That's the 4th defensive starter that will have some suspended games, likely the first 2-4. Spurrier was dead on about wanting to play UGA early because he knew they would have a rash of suspensions.

Georgia is a 4 point favorite playing at Missouri in week 2. I don't even see them winning, much less covering the spread.
This zhit has gotten ridiculous. The thing about it is that he would have probably been beaten out by true freshman Jordan Jenkins eventually anyways. Grantham loves Jenkins and he'll probably end up taking the starting role for good.

VN Store

Back