3156 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Dooley is not the only one. within the forum Around the NCAA. Trying to make room with the new 25 scholarship rule. Here's an article about a kid that was just told ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Around the NCAA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Dooley is not the only one

Trying to make room with the new 25 scholarship rule.

Here's an article about a kid that was just told this weekend by Saban that he wouldn't be a part of bama's class. Two weeks before signing day.

Here's an article about a kid that was just told this weekend by Saban that he wouldn't be a part of bama's class. Two weeks before signing day.

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I know some might say that at least he's got a spot for next year on the team unlike DD who told kids to look elsewhere. I could be totally wrong but IMO Saban is just telling the kid that in hopes of him going somewhere else on his own. How else do you tell a kid that's been committed sin last Feb that he needs to find somewhere else to go.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

If Bama didn't want him at all, they would just tell him to hit the road. If they are offering a greyshirt than it sounds like they want him.

There is thread on this already.
http://www.volnation.com/forum/aroun...over-bama.html
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neyland2nd2none View Post

Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You cant sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I know some might say that at least he's got a spot for next year on the team unlike DD who told kids to look elsewhere. I could be totally wrong but IMO Saban is just telling the kid that in hopes of him going somewhere else on his own. How else do you tell a kid that's been committed sin last Feb that he needs to find somewhere else to go.
Kid didn't play senior year due to knee surgery, he is not 100%, Alabama just won a 2nd NC in 3 years and looking at #1 class for 2012, so maybe still getting a chance to play at BAMA is worth it to him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds like waiting is the best course of action for both?

"The 5-foot-11, 208-pounder missed his senior season with a knee injury."

What was your reaction? Im cool with it, as long as I get to Alabama and play. And, as long as I have more time to recover and get solid.
What will do you do this fall? He said Im going to stay in Georgia. They are going to find me a job. Im going to work. Im going to physical therapy at least seven days per week. I guess I will work, go to physical therapy and get strong I will come in with the class of 2013. Ill get there with the early group so I can do winter workouts and spring football.