Yahoo Sports lowers the boom on Miami

Is this the big story everyone thought was going to be about Auburn? If so, I'm disappointed. :lol:

Finebaum just said this is THAT story.

The Barners rejoice...Until Danny Sheridan comes on tomorrow.

This is really crazy stuff. I mean, it's the U, so no one should be terribly surprised. But it's still pretty shocking.

Abortion: In one instance, Shapiro described taking a player to the Pink Pony strip club and paying for a dancer to engage in sex with the athlete. In the ensuing weeks, Shapiro said the dancer called one of his security providers and informed him that the player had gotten her pregnant during the incident. Shapiro said he gave the dancer $500 to have an abortion performed, without notifying the player of the incident.

“I was doing him a favor,” the booster said. “That idiot might have wanted to keep [the baby].”

Due to the sensitivity of the allegation, Yahoo! Sports has chosen not to name the player allegedly involved.

:jawdrop:

So the much anticipated hyped story involves Miami and not an SEC school. Auburn fans can rejoice......for now
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think it's solidly safe to say this is the worst NCAA case since SMU. Possibly worse than that.

Is the controversial Death Penalty going to be brought back for another go round? This is crazy stuff.

I don't think the NCAA will ever dish out the death penalty again. But they hit USC really hard over the Reggie Bush situation, and this is 1000x worse than that. This is shocking stuff.

If not the death penalty then what does the NCAA do? Strip them of every win since 2002? 10 recruits lost every 3-5 years? 3-5 year bowl ban?

Miami's athletic director while most of these violations were occuring was Paul Dee.

He is now the chairman for the NCAA's Committee on Infractions. The same guy who layed into USC for not knowing what was going on with players being paid and what not.

Miami's athletic director while most of these violations were occuring was Paul Dee.

He is now the chairman for the NCAA's Committee on Infractions. The same guy who layed into USC for not knowing what was going on with players being paid and what not.

Well, there goes any "serious" punishment...

More importantly, Bryce Brown is mentioned in the investigation....hope we don't get dragged into this...

This is the best part of the whole story imo.

VN Store

Back