Beginning Fall 2013

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
The Vols will be my second favorite football team. Just got an email that Mercer will resume football after 70 years without a team!

I think Kennessaw State is also getting a team. If I were Georgia Southern and UTC I would be worried when State gets their team going.

I think now that they've seen Georgia St. be pretty successful in their first year, we're gonna see a lot more of this from some other small Georgia schools.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think now that they've seen Georgia St. be pretty successful in their first year, we're gonna see a lot more of this from some other small Georgia schools.
Did you see the score of the game from last night?

a lot of schools are doing it simply because leagues are starting to require football teams to be members of their conference. $$$$$$ is not the reason, as most schools, even the overwhelming majority of D1-FBS schools lose money on football.

I think that Mercer is going to join the Pioneer conference which is a football only conference. Bear football will be non-scholarship, for now. If I could turn back the clock a couple of decades, I'd go out for the team. I realize that 99% of my fellow posters don't give a hoot about this but it's about the biggest thing that my alma mater will ever do on the athletic front in my lifetime. I may never go to a game in maconga but I will be a donor and season ticket holder for life.

I think that Mercer is going to join the Pioneer conference which is a football only conference. Bear football will be non-scholarship, for now. If I could turn back the clock a couple of decades, I'd go out for the team. I realize that 99% of my fellow posters don't give a hoot about this but it's about the biggest thing that my alma mater will ever do on the athletic front in my lifetime. I may never go to a game in maconga but I will be a donor and season ticket holder for life.

I'm guessing we will probably see the bears first game of the year at Allen E. Paulson Stadium just down I-16
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In furtherance of this egomaniacal thread that nobody else here gives a crap about, I will add that the first team scrimmage will be on November 10 or 11, 2012. Can't freaking wait!

VN Store

Back