Ducks sign Chip Kelly to new 6-year contract

Cue droski coming in and rambling about how CK is going to put us on probation...rabble rabble rabble

Well see if droski can make at least one prediction that comes true if Kelly ends up on probation during this contract.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well see if droski can make at least one prediction that comes true if Kelly ends up on probation during this contract.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Probation be damned, it's just hilarious to me that Cal fans are so satisfied with a guy that isn't going to elevate them into the elite echleon of teams.

Coach Kelly is a guy that doesn't cut corners, yet still wins ballgames. He uses possibly the most effective offensive scheme in the country, has assembled an incredible staff of assistants, and is beginning to draw some big name guys to Eugene, minus the agent controversy and any whispers about violations being committed by the program....except from some half-witted Cal troll that knows, well, nothing.

Coach Kelly is a guy that doesn't cut corners, yet still wins ballgames. He uses possibly the most effective offensive scheme in the country, has assembled an incredible staff of assistants, and is beginning to draw some big name guys to Eugene

:rock:

Probation be damned, it's just hilarious to me that Cal fans are so satisfied with a guy that isn't going to elevate them into the elite echleon of teams.

Coach Kelly is a guy that doesn't cut corners, yet still wins ballgames. He uses possibly the most effective offensive scheme in the country, has assembled an incredible staff of assistants, and is beginning to draw some big name guys to Eugene, minus the agent controversy and any whispers about violations being committed by the program....except from some half-witted Cal troll that knows, well, nothing.

Chip Killy is going to elevate Oregon into the "elite echelon of teams" alongside Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, etc?

Chip Killy is going to elevate Oregon into the "elite echelon of teams" alongside Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, etc?

Well, we're ranked above two of those teams at the moment. It is definitely not outside the realm of possibility.

Well, we're ranked above two of those teams at the moment. It is definitely not outside the realm of possibility.

At one point Cal was ranked #2 last season.

And if you're seriously under the impression that Oregon will soon become a perennial power, you're delusional. No other way around it.

And if you're seriously under the impression that Oregon will soon become a perennial power, you're delusional. No other way around it.

Cal was never ranked higher than 6th last season, and that quickly ended with the 42-3 ass kicking that we levied upon them.

Seriously, why do you even have Oregon listed as one of your favorite teams? You never have a positive word for them.

We can become elite because we have the best offensive scheme in the country, the best facilities in the country, we can capitalize on SoCal recruits during a time where USC and UCLA aren't really relevant, and we also have some of the best assistants in the country (Coach Greatwood, Jim Radcliffe, etc.)

Cal was never ranked higher than 6th last season, and that quickly ended with the 42-3 ass kicking that we levied upon them.

Seriously, why do you even have Oregon listed as one of your favorite teams? You never have a positive word for them.

We can become elite because we have the best offensive scheme in the country, the best facilities in the country, we can capitalize on SoCal recruits during a time where USC and UCLA aren't really relevant, and we also have some of the best assistants in the country (Coach Greatwood, Jim Radcliffe, etc.)

I apologize, you're correct. They were #2 before they lost to Oregon State a few seasons ago, I got the numbers mixed up. Either way, my point still applies, and is on validated by the "42-3 ass kicking" they suffered at the hands of the Ducks.

I wasn't aware being a blind homer was a prerequisite of "being a fan". I can pull for someone to be successful while simultaneously maintaining objectivity.

Tulsa had one of the better offenses in the nation a few years ago...

Great facilities huh? :ermm:

It's pretty pathetic when you allow teams who aren't relevant to out recruit you. Because last season, both UCLA and USC finished above Oregon in all recruiting services, and Oregon isn't off to a tremendous start this recruiting season...

I apologize, you're correct. They were #2 before they lost to Oregon State a few seasons ago, I got the numbers mixed up. Either way, my point still applies, and is on validated by the "42-3 ass kicking" they suffered at the hands of the Ducks.

I wasn't aware being a blind homer was a prerequisite of "being a fan". I can pull for someone to be successful while simultaneously maintaining objectivity.

Tulsa had one of the better offenses in the nation a few years ago...

Great facilities huh? :ermm:

It's pretty pathetic when you allow teams who aren't relevant to out recruit you. Because last season, both UCLA and USC finished above Oregon in all recruiting services, and Oregon isn't off to a tremendous start this recruiting season...

A blind homer wouldn't be scared ****less about playing Stanford on Saturday. A blind homer would acknowledge the fact that the chances are probably less than 50/50 for Oregon becoming a consistently elite program.

If you deem USC not to be relevant, you're a certifiable moron. You should also ask Texas if UCLA is relevant

A blind homer wouldn't be scared ****less about playing Stanford on Saturday. A blind homer would acknowledge the fact that the chances are probably less than 50/50 for Oregon becoming a consistently elite program.

If you deem USC not to be relevant, you're a certifiable moron. You should also ask Texas if UCLA is relevant

we can capitalize on SoCal recruits during a time where USC and UCLA aren't really relevant

So you're a certifiable moron?

By the way, UCLA has consecutive seasons of being below .500 before 09, when they managed a 7-6 record. They're hardly world beaters.

Spoken like somebody whose not a Duck fan. Oregon has every reason to believe we're a great team. This season we are 4-0 and ranked 4th and this is after two consecutive ten win seasons and Top 10 finishes. And the season before that we were a torn ACL away from 11 wins and a NC Game appearance. Still finished with 9.

Keep in mind that this is just the last 3 years. Before that we had a down season and then a 11-1 year where our only loss was to the #1 team in the country who we led at Halftime. And before THAT was the Joey Harrington era (A piece of the Pac-10 title one year and a BCS Bowl Win and an outright title the other.)

Not too mention the fact ALL OF those seasons (including the last 3 consecutive years) were accomplished with recruiting classes of lesser caliber then the ones we have brought to Eugene in the last two recruiting seasons.

I don't know why somebody who claims allegiance to Oregon is so dead set against the idea that we might possibly have a good program that is only headed up.

Rep the colors proudly or not at all.

So you're a certifiable moron?

By the way, UCLA has consecutive seasons of being below .500 before 09, when they managed a 7-6 record. They're hardly world beaters.

Relevant in comparison to Oregon. They're still relevant in Southern California, obviously.

Spoken like somebody whose not a Duck fan. Oregon has every reason to believe we're a great team. This season we are 4-0 and ranked 4th and this is after two consecutive ten win seasons and Top 10 finishes. And the season before that we were a torn ACL away from 11 wins and a NC Game appearance. Still finished with 9.

Keep in mind that this is just the last 3 years. Before that we had a down season and then a 11-1 year where our only loss was to the #1 team in the country who we led at Halftime. And before THAT was the Joey Harrington era (A piece of the Pac-10 title one year and a BCS Bowl Win and an outright title the other.)

Not too mention the fact ALL OF those seasons (including the last 3 consecutive years) were accomplished with recruiting classes of lesser caliber then the ones we have brought to Eugene in the last two recruiting seasons.

I don't know why somebody who claims allegiance to Oregon is so dead set against the idea that we might possibly have a good program that is only headed up.

He's not an Oregon fan.

The mystique of USC might still be strong elsewhere but look at the facts people. They were 5-4 in the conference last year. They got blown out three times and stumbled to a 5th place finish and a nothing bowl.

Then they lost the best coach in college football.

Then they replaced said genius with Lane Kiffin... Whose greatest coaching achievement is screwing TN and going to USC. Nothing on the field yet to speak of.

Then they got hit with sanctions, losing a boatload of scholarships and banning them from bowl games and the conference championship game next year.

They were down before those last 3 developments. Then the other shoe REALLY dropped. I'm not saying they are gonna become Wazzou but how is that not a recipe for disaster?

I'm going to sleep. We'll continue this whenever Bumi posts something else that's completely redundant and idiotic.

The mystique of USC might still be strong elsewhere but look at the facts people. They were 5-4 in the conference last year. They got blown out three times and stumbled to a 5th place finish and a nothing bowl.

Then they lost the best coach in college football.

Then they replaced said genius with Lane Kiffin... Whose greatest coaching achievement is screwing TN and going to USC. Nothing on the field yet to speak of.

Then they got hit with sanctions, losing a boatload of scholarships and banning them from bowl games and the conference championship game next year.

They were down before those last 3 developments. Then the other shoe REALLY dropped. I'm not saying they are gonna become Wazzou but how is that not a recipe for disaster?

Not to mention that they're employing the Tampa 2...lol.

I'm going to sleep. We'll continue this whenever Bumi posts something else that's completely redundant and idiotic.

No one other than an Oregon fan agrees with you and you're patting yourself on the back?

Last edited:

the last time oregon fans thought they were going to become an elite program the guy who is currently the head coach at cal was responsible for said feelings. he left and oregon proceeded to suck for 5 years. i fully expect oregon to return to those levels under kelly. the fact remains that the school is still in eugene and oregon still produces very few div 1a players. show me a single elite program that fits that profile. you can't. location is the #1 by far predictor of where recruits go. all of phil's money doesn't change that.

I don't recall claiming Oregon wasn't a great team. I did however say there's a slim to none chance they'll ever become an elite program or perennial power, which is true, and pretty much irrefutable.

I don't quite grasp the greatness of a 32nd ranked class in the 09 recruiting rankings, or how that's proof Oregon is here to stay amongst the nations elite. I also fail to understand how the 10 class, which was top heavy with RB's and a QB, both extremely deep positions on the Oregon roster, is going to clean up the Ducks defensive deficiencies. Yeah, The Ducks grab a good player here and there, but the teams are hardly deep and or filled with elite caliber players.

Oregon didn't finish in the top 10 in the final polls last season. The choked in a big OOC bowl game, much like they choked earlier in the season against BSU.

Are the Ducks a good team? Yep. Are they a national power? Nope.

let's face it. this duck team wouldn't have won the pac-10 from 2002-2008 (MAYBE they win it in 07). they certainly would have had NO PRAYER in 03, 04, 06, or 08. They are a good team, but they will certainly lose a couple of games. That doesn't speak national champion quality to me.

VN Store

Back