Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 177 lbs
40: 4.51 secs
Shuttle: 4.12
Vertical: 37 inches
Class: 2011 (High School)

Ameer Abdullah - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Ameer Abdullah Profile

"Tennessee and Texas A&M are recruiting me as a defensive back," he said. "But they are recruiting me as an athlete and will try me at both."

"If I went to West Virginia, I would want to play running back. If I went to Tennessee I would want to play defensive back."

Abdullah listed Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and Texas A&M as his favorites.

- Rivals

Abdullah just received a Tennessee offer this week.

He also holds offers from Ole Miss, USCjr, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Vandy, NC State, Northwestern, S. Miss, USF, Louisville, etc.

His stock really soared at the end of the summer after winning back to back Nike Camp MVP Awards in Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge.

2009 stats: 1,045 yards rushing with 14 touchdowns. He added 213 yards receiving.

In his first game this season against Bessemer City, Abdullah rushed for 171 yards, had 57 yards receiving and 4 combined touchdowns. He also led his team in tackles with 14.

He did all this in the first half in a 50-6 blowout win.

Thanks LV!

I have been a lurker for many years, as I was a mod on another message board for a while and you know how that goes. I have enjoyed your recruiting recaps for quite a while. I was nearly brought to tears last week when you got your gig as I thought I would never see another "XX, CB/RB 11'" type post again from the likes of one of the best contributors to this site ever. I was in stage 6 withdrawls and thanks for my fix. Long time reader, first handful of times posting. I'll submit and read your response... hehehe

I wanted to personally thank you for getting me motivated to log on here on a daily basis to see what you had contributed and am thankful you are not gone for good. Keep up the good work and I cannot wait to read the stuff you will be getting paid to do as well as you conveyed the information when it was out of sheer passion and to inform the greatest fans on earth! The ones with orange lint traps!

Thanks again, and keep up the outstanding work,

Dadurker

In his first game this season against Bessemer City, Abdullah rushed for 171 yards, had 57 yards receiving and 4 combined touchdowns. He also led his team in tackles with 14.

He did all this in the first half in a 50-6 blowout win.

That is unreal!

Go Vols!!!

Alot better than Devrin looks like. He has some solid offers. Devrin doesn't have any besides the one to Stanford from 3 years ago.

I dont know what kind of competition he was playing but it sounds like he had the majority of stats for his entire team. Looks like a baller

Love to grab him. He'd be a steal as an all-purpose back imo. He's a great receiver. A lot of Bama fans have been talking him up.

any idea on his stats and if were still after him?

Ameer is one of the most explosive athletes I have seen all year. He recently had 194 yards rushing and 87 receiving w/ 3 tds against hoover. He has over 1500 yards from scrimmage and 16 tds already this year. He has a good chance of being 6A player of the year for the state of Al. He worked a lot at corner this off-season in case thats where his future lies. He is currently wondering why Tenn isn't pushing for his services. He has a lot of family in the Memphis area and is a true SEC fan. He was the MVP of every camp he attended this year. In fact he was at one of my camps as a cb with very little experience and walked away with MVP honors ovr the likes of many high level recruits.

Alot better than Devrin looks like. He has some solid offers. Devrin doesn't have any besides the one to Stanford from 3 years ago.

LV, still think he is better than Young? Not as fast but his highlights are pretty legit against that competition

IMO the thing that could be holding this kid back from getting alot of interest from UT is his size, at 5'9. Wilcox likes them taller, faster, physical DB's.

Ameer is going to be good. If you have an account on Rivals check out his RB vs. LB Blitz Camp vid. He has almost perfect form and is just well completed in a lot of the intangibles. He's going to be solid.

Does anyone know if his problem is grades?? Could that be why we have not taken more interest??

The kid sure shows some speed and ability -- his shuttle time is serious.

mlsoft

Last edited:
This is one guy I've really wanted in this class. He and Grooms are similar in size and potential positions and both are guys I would've taken over Young.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Does anyone know if his problem is grades?? Could that be why we have not taken more interest??

The kid sure shows some speed and ability -- his shuttle time is serious.

mlsoft

Ameer is a very bright kid and holds a core gpa of 3.3. Grades are not the issue. The issue may be his hs coach. The guy is a joke and one of the most difficult that i have had to deal with. When i first asked him about Ameer his response was "he isnt a d1 player" what? Usually coaches will do just the opposite. BTW Ameer has a teammate names Aaron Ernest who is a 16 year old senior that ran a 4.24 for me this summer. He also finished 2 in the country with a 10.21 100. He is 6-1 170 and plays wr and db. He is pretty damn good too. He has an offer from Tenn. for track but he wants to play fb. He has 7 fb offers.

VN Store

Back