UNC investigating players cheating in class

Volfan76

per Joe Schad...

UNC is investigating if approximately 9 players including standouts had papers written by a former tutor

I was just about to post this as well. Things just keep getting better around here.
. UNC fans are in meltdown mode on local radio.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

UNC might to have been such a tough game afterall...is the buyout official yet?

Among the players being investigated-Marvin Austin, Bruce Carter and Robert Quinn

It's kind of funny bc all of the UNC fans around here are saying that they are turning into USC, Miami, FSU, etc. The funny thing is that when those programs cheated they actually won.

89pack94 wrote: Keep in mind this is the school that gives out A's to 41% of all grades, and B's to another 40%.

So how bad does it look to require cheating just to help athletes pass?

This was taken from a NCSU blog. A few of the posters were trashing UNC for its "supposed" elite status, as it concerned the current academic cheating reports. If the 81 per cent figure for A's and B's is accurate.....so much for the embellished and so-called elite status of UNC. UNC will likely be the object of jokes for some time after this is over.

The Tar Heels relegated at least nine players to the scout team on Wednesday due to the academic portion of the probe, the sources said. The group included players who were questioned as part of the NCAA's inquiry related to agents and trips to Miami.

Sources said starting defensive tackle Marvin Austin, starting defensive end Robert Quinn and starting linebacker Bruce Carter were among the players who were relegated to the scout team.

Sources said the tutor in question has also been a nanny for head coach Butch Davis' family.

Sources: UNC Tar Heels expand football inquiry to include academics - ESPN

No offense to nanny's but if the woman is so smart, why is she his nanny? I didn't know they offered the nanny major in college now.

UNC may offer a Nanny Management major with the bulk of the classes offered by independent study, in this case the class facilitator being Butch Davis.

Things just keep getting better in Chapel Hill. I have a soft spot in my heart for Duke so this doesn't break my heart a bit. I think it helps us more if anything goes down, football wise that is though. Obvious, I know.

I'm hearing from a rather HUGE UNC fan that the boosters all want Butch fired, and if not now the end of the season. Anyone else hearing that?

If all of this goes down it just makes UT look even weaker for dodging out of this game in the first place.

VN Store

Back