'11 TN OG Shaq Mason

Ericvol2096

Quiz'N'Vol
Shaq Mason - Yahoo! Sports

Rumor on TOS is that he decommited from GT and committed to TN.

Don't know if it is legit yet so don't burn me at the stake, but didn't even see him having a profile over here so I figured I would spread the word.:good!:

If true I'm not sure I understand this...

Why would we take his commitment but not even offer someone like Cody Robinson?

U may have better luck if u try IT.

JB has been on top of things since about February and he's the first person I ask about anything having to do with tennessee recruiting.

maybe getting said offer could have been what prompted a de-commit and a commit to UT.

:dunno: searching for confirmation

where's Justin?

Interesting if this has occurred. I wonder what this may mean in regards to other OL we have offered.

If true I'm not sure I understand this...

Why would we take his commitment but not even offer someone like Cody Robinson?

Coaches have seen both in person. I'll take their in person judgement over Rivals video scouting.

kush is connected with the CC boys.

I saw that Shaq was at UT's camp recently...did he perform well?

He must have if he got an offer from it...still can't believe we offer him and not Robinson

Coaches have seen both in person. I'll take their in person judgement over Rivals video scouting.

kush is connected with the CC boys.

Who's kush?

And you're right...although it's hard for some (me in this case) to swallow...if our professionally trained and paid coaching staff thinks Mason is better than Robinson then I accept it

Here is some info in the other direction...

Josh Woodward, who writes for TOS, says he just talked to Mason and that Mason told him that he is still committed to GaTech.

I'm somewhat close to the Goff/Mason situation and as as 5 minutes ago , I'm under the impression that he is yet to receive a UT offer. I'm also under the impression that he would likely Decommit from GT, where he commited to coach McCullom, and commit to UT, should an offer be extended. More to come, but everyone around the sitution here has no news of this. I've all but talked to Mason.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I'm somewhat close to the GoffMason situation and as as 5 minutes ago , I'm under the impression that he is yet to receive a UT offer. I'm also under the impression that he would likely Decommit from GT, where he commited to coach McCullom, and commit to UT. More to come, but everyone around the sitution here has no news of this. I've all but talked to Mason.

Do you have a feel for rather or not UT will offer? At least the door isn't shut completely.

Its really hard to come to that judgement objectively, as obviously, I want the duo in Knoxville. I honestly think Goff will make the cut. Kids busting his arse, getting faster, and stronger. I'm not AS familiar with mason as far as "on the field" goes. I'd say a good season and physical improvement would give them an oppurtunity to be roomates in Knox. Now, this is my opinion. This post is of a different nature than the previous regarding the matter. I am trying to keep the two separated when trying to provide facts on the 2 guys, and then what I think/want. Hope its of interest to some.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back