Originally Posted by Tumbleweedvol
You'all don't read too much into these statistical gurus. Ninety percent of them evolved out of the free wheelin gambling days of the 60-70's. I used to go with my pop to the local small town newstand on saturday morning when I was little and everybody in town came in for their football parlay cards and the saturday game bets. The best I can make of this nut is that he takes the loses of the year before which is the away games and makes some bullsh*t factor or percentage why you'll lose. Then the big kicker is how both UNC and UK both are ranked in his poll which is supposed to be non-biased; above us. Based on what? Anybody remember how sickly weak Caroliner is on the inside? Neither one of those fellas can hold up against Kenny Hall much less Brian Williams! One big recruit and suddenly their playing for the national Championship. Kentuck? Anybody see their games played this summer in Canada? Nothing even close to last years recruiting class. I can't wait for my second favorite team ETSU to travel up their this Friday. I wouldn't be suprised!! Almost everybody back from last years ASUN champs. Oh, by the way, the best way to pick a parlay card if we even do it anymore, is too draw names out of a hat. That is a proven statistic! It won more times than not around here.
Couple of things.
- Dude, enter key is your friend.
- The first part was something that I didn't understand about gambling and going with your father to a newsstand. Not exactly sure what that was about.
- Reason he's got UNC and UK ranked above us, is, gasp, he think they're a better team. Truth be told, they are.
- Like I expect Kentucky to take some Canadian school seriously.
- And I'm guessing you're going to like it when UK drills ETSU by 20+.
- Of course UK's class this year isn't going to be as good as last year's. You rarely see 3 lottery picks in one recruiting class.
- I'm betting you make a lot of money on gambling(!)